5 Reasons LAW FIRMS Should Use Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising over Traditional Advertising
I was driving down I275 in Tampa the other day and couldn’t help but notice all of the billboards for lawyers. There had to have been 20 law firm billboards within 5 miles, all advertising the same type of law. Then I started thinking, how many of these billboards are actually profitable and generate clients regularly… More importantly, could the advertising Law Firm’s marketing agency truly decipher which billboards are profitable and cost per client of each billboard to the $0.01? One step further, are they able to optimize placement and verbiage of each billboard using statistically significant numbers backed by historical client conversion data? Probably not, even in 2018… But, PPC advertising can do all of that and more. The Digital Age is here and it’s time to adapt and thrive.
Here are 5 HUGE reasons why digital marketing is ideal for Law Firms looking to increase case count fast:
1. The digital age is here and people are using the most readily available and convenient resource to solve their problems, the Internet. Whether it’s from a cell phone or computer, people search the internet to find a solution and improve their lives. Hiring a lawyer is no different. Remember the days of advertising in the Yellow Pages? (You know, when people would actually use phone books.) Search engines are today’s Yellow Pages phone book and it’s critical to leverage them for your business.
2. Measurable to the $0.01. If you were my client, at the end of each month I could tell you who called you, when, how long the call was, where they were when calling, the keyword that triggered the call, the web page they landed on before calling you and how much it cost for each completed website form and phone call from PPC traffic. You or I could then easily cross-reference your new cases with the phone calls and forms to prove the value of my work.
3. Traditional advertising is highly-inefficient compared to PPC. 95% of people (or more) don’t need a lawyer right now and a billboard isn’t going to increase demand. Instead, the focus should be on capturing existing demand and bringing more of these people to your firm. Therefore, you should saturate high-quality PPC search traffic BEFORE spending anything on other advertising mediums. Why? It’s PPC SEARCH traffic. They’re actively looking for what you provide. I charge you to find a better customer than one who is looking for you.
4. Lowest-hanging fruit. This should always be the focus of marketing budget allocation for a local business, not branding or more expensive high-funnel tactics that don’t immediately convert. The focus should be to use as much budget on low-funnel, direct response tactics before spending money on other tactics, i.e. people actively searching for your service on search engines.
5. Flexible and easy to scale. This is the best part. Start small, scale BIG. Many of my clients start out around the $2k/month range to test the waters and see some results first. The beauty of PPC is I can adjust your budget and bids anytime to support any business objectives. Is January & February always a good month for you? Okay, let’s ramp up and capture as much demand in your market as you can handle. Do you want more male or female clients? Done, I can make adjustments so the results reflect your expectations.
Learn more about our done-for-you Google Ads Management for Law Firms.